Thursday, October 31, 2013

Quick Halloween Makeup: The Twiggy Look

 Hi there! Sorry for being M.I.A for more than a week but I was just so caught up in tests, I just did not have the time to post anything up. I should be studying for my Calculus test tomorrow but it's alright because it's the last test before finals AND I've been itching to get something up a.s.a.p.

I know Halloween is basically today (so Happy Halloween) but for those who'd be attending a Halloween weekend party and have no clue on what to go as, here's an idea.

Comes Twiggy's iconic look. She was the "It" girl of the 60s and known for her pixie look, an obvious retro cut crease and drawn-on bottom lashes.

Picture credit to ediesoup.wordpress.com

  1. Firstly, all you need is an angled eyeliner brush and black eyeshadow. You could use a black gel eyeliner, too. 
  2.  Find your crease (the gap between your eyeball and brow bone) and carefully draw on a thin line all the way from your tear duct area to where your lids end, slightly winging it out.Start thin, so you know how much you should put on rather than blobbing everything on and having to wash it off.
  3. To make it easier, make a basic winged eyeliner with a liquid eyeliner first to be sure where your crease shadow should end (usually where the winged liner stops).
  4. It'll be nice to have some thin fake lashes on like Twiggy had on.
  5. Then, draw on your bottom eyelashes with a liquid eyeliner, maybe 6-9 short, wispy lines.
Dress up and you're done!








Got home and played around with my black eyeshadow, coming up with this 1 minute Cat look. All I did was draw one a heart shape on the tip of my nose, used a liquid liner for straight line going down my cupid's bow and filled my top lip with eyeshadow. Also, don't forget your cat-shaped winged eyeliner and whiskers! (I forgot mine...)


Take care,
M x

No comments: