Thursday, October 24, 2013

Friday Film: Mystery Train

This week has been insane, thus the lack of updates. Catching up with assignments and sleep is never a good idea, but I can finally breathe now and that's ideal. I will be doing another shoot soon with Riley where I'll dress based on questions my friends have asked, such as 'How to add a splash of colour on a white canvas?' and 'How to dress on a day where you're lazy to dress up but wanna look put together?'

So, if you guys have any questions, just throw in a comment or tweet me.

Now that is all explained and done with, on with today's film. It is by Jim Jarmusch who directed and wrote Night On Earth, another movie that I love. Anyway, Mystery Train is directed and written by him as well. It's set in Memphis, circulating around a dingy hotel. There are three stories that are well interwoven together. All of them are great in their own way. I especially love the first story about a young Japanese couple who travelled all the way to Memphis because of their obsession with Elvis.

Mystery Train is really different from most of the movies I've watched and that's what makes it linger in my heart even after so long.















Mitzuko: Jun, why do you only take pictures of the rooms we stay in and never what we see outside while we travel?
Jun: Those other things are in my memory. The hotel rooms and the airports are the things I'll forget.


























There aren't as many good quotes as Before Sunrise and Before Sunset but it's a great movie nonetheless.

Till then,
Thank you, thank you very much.

No comments: