Thursday, October 17, 2013

Friday Film: Before Sunset

Before Sunset is the sequel to Before Sunrise and it does not disappoint. Questions are answered as we catch up with Jesse and Celine's lives. 9 years worth of questions are answered through out the movie along with philosophical ideas on life, love and everything in between.

What I love about this movie is that it isn't your run of the mill romance flick. It's much more than that. Before Sunset is not only thought provoking but it leaves you with a warm fuzzy feeling once the credits start rolling. Your mind will reel with the questions asked by Celine or Jesse to one another. The conversations are the highlight of the movie. The backdrop is an added bonus.



Not wanting anything, isn't that a sign of depression?




Life's hard. It's supposed to be. If we didn't suffer, we wouldn't learn a thing, you know?




You can never replace anyone because everyone is made up of such beautiful, specific details.



Memories are wonderful things, if you don't have to deal with the past.








Maybe what I'm saying is, is the world might be evolving the way a person evolves. Right? Like, I mean, me for example. Am I getting worse? Am I improving? I don't know. When I was younger, I was healthier, but I was, uh, whacked with insecurity, you know? Now I'm older and my problems are deeper, but I'm more equipped to handle them.






I highly recommend this movie if you want something romantic but you're sick of all those predictable chick flicks. Or if you would like to question things in life, this movie helps with that too.

Till then,
Think about it.

No comments: