Thursday, October 17, 2013

Makeup: Grunge Eye Look

 Hola! Today's look will be about grunge makeup. When you think of grunge, you think of emo/depressed-looking sort of people. Un-slept hair and tired eyes. Well, most of the time I think of Avril Lavigne - kohl-rimmed eyes and pale lips or Lily Collins - full lashes and dark burgundy lips.

photo credit to BellaSugar


It can make you look rocker chic (think leather jackets, flannel shirts, ripped jeans) and this look is oh so easy to achieve with just one shade of eyeshadow.


  • You would need a smooth canvas for the face. I like to use matte finish foundations as I have very oily skin but you can use whichever foundation you prefer as long as it's not too dewy. If it is, set with loose powder. (Here I'm using Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation in 3N1 Ivory Beige 10)


  • Next, I'm prepping my eye with an eyeshadow base/primer. It's to make sure that my eyeshadow will stay put and not crease. (I'm using the NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone)
  • Then, we move on to the shadow! (I threw out the box but I'm pretty sure it's the Inglot Eyeshadow #53) I apply it all over my lids taking it slightly above the crease and also lining the bottom lids using a 'C' shaped eyeshadow brush.

  • Don't forget to blend, blend, blend to avoid harsh lines.
  • There are two optional choices for the next step. You can either take a matte dark brown shadow using an angled eyeliner brush to line your top and bottom lids in place of an actual eyeliner (here I'm showing the dark brown shade that I have in my Sleek Natural Palette) (I use this same shade to fill in my brows)

OR
  • You can use a dark brown pencil eyeliner instead. (Shown: Essence Long-Lasting Eye Pencil in Hot Chocolate)
  • *sings* Mascara, lots and lots and lots ~~~~
  • You can skip this step if you prefer but I can't go anywhere without a dusting of matte bronzer. (I'm using Cargo Matte Medium Bronzer) As long as it's m-a-t-t-e.

Don't forget to pull the classic duckface if you can't find your natural contour line.

  • I finish off with a peachy nude lipstick to pull the look together. (Rimmel Lipstick in Nude Delight - man, I love this stuff. It's the perfect texture minus the perfume-y smell. It's too bad they no longer carry Rimmel in the nearby drugstores)
  • The look is finished!!! 



I wish you all the best!

Cheers,
M xx

No comments: