Saturday, August 17, 2013

Cambodia IV: Tonle Sap

We kickstarted our day with a healthy dose of crickets and grasshoppers. It was our first time trying out insects and I must say, it tasted really good. Did not try the insect that resembled cockroaches though, couldn't bring myself to eat it because I could picture ZoƩ and Sheena running the opposite direction every time we happen to meet by chance.


We took one of the many boats available there to Tonle Sap. The ride there could change anyone's perspective as we passed through a village that only had 3 proper bathrooms. They had no electricity whatsoever or any proper water system. It really made me appreciate the things I have. 









The best view of Tonle Sap was of course on the roof of our boat. Even though the water was more brown than blue, the view was spectacular nonetheless. The boats scattered around was the cherry on top of the overall view.



Cotton On kimono cardigan, H&M  hat & dress, Forever 21 sandals


Ice cream there is really cheap. As well as cigarettes and alcohol. 


A panaroma view of Pub Street where massage services are offered. The chairs are set out by the side of the road and you can just sit there as you get your feet massaged while enjoying a can of beer for an additional dollar.


Vietnamese coffee is the best, I swear. If you haven't tried it and you love coffee, you have no idea what you're missing out on. The book I brought along with me on the trip is The Tipping Point. It's a really good read, I'm not done with it yet until now but it's really eye opening. If you like to know how trends happen or bits on psychology, do pick this up.

Till then,
I bid you adieu.

No comments: