Saturday, August 31, 2013

August Favourites

August has been a superb month, mainly because we had 2 weeks of summer break to while away as we please. It has been a month of great adventure and stumbling upon new finds, with hope, it doesn't end there. 




Top from Korea, DIY High Waist shorts, Topshop Boots

Favourite fashion item: DIY High Waist Shorts

On a random morning, my mom brought me along to the market and there was a lady selling second hand jeans. Low and behold, we found a pair of high waist jeans that ended at an awkward length. So, I cut it off to the length of my desire and cuffed it, resulting to a pair of shorts. After months of searching, I've finally found a pair that fits perfectly (I didn't try it on at the market and was only hoping for the best). Being patient does pay off, folks. The best part is, the jeans only set me back RM5. 


Favourite read: The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell

An insightful read that explains how trends and epidemics happened. For those who are interested in psychology, you should definitely pick this up. It is easy to understand and a fast read. 


Favourite beauty item: Flash by Jimmy Choo

I didn't like this scent in particular at first, but after a few months of catching a whiff of it on my mom, I started growing really fond of it. It has a very feminine floral scent. What I love about it is that it lasts really long, mostly an entire day. If you spritz it in your hair, it'll last till the day after. 

Here is a breakdown of the scent (source: Tongue In Chic): 
Top Notes: Pink Pepper and Strawberry
Heart Notes: Tuberose, Jasmine and White Lily
Base Notes: White Woods  


Favourite moment: Trip to Cambodia

It was a much needed vacation. I enjoyed my time there as we got to visit the magnificent Angkor Wat, swim in the evenings, venture out in a boat to Tonle Sap and eat Khmer food. This trip definitely tops the list of best vacations. 


Favourite app: Nike Training Club

This app was introduced to me by my sister, but I didn't really get into it till this month. I prefer to workout in the comfort of my own home and enjoy the flexibility of it. I get to workout whenever and wherever I want with this app. Plus, you can really work up a sweat with this. Video examples are shown if you're uncertain how the workouts are done. 


Favourite podcast: Welcome To Night Vale

For all of you who are fascinated with the supernatural world or all things weird, this is the podcast for you. It is a radio news format with Cecil Baldwin as the host. Each episode is around 20 minutes. Within this 20 minutes, you'll get to listen to the latest news of the fictional town of Night Vale, including the traffic and weather. The weather is always a random song, which I enjoy. 

Here's a taste of what to expect when listening to Welcome To Night Vale:


Till then,
Happy Birthday Malaysia!

No comments: