Monday, June 16, 2014

Tuesday Tunes: For Heaven's Sake Go To Hell


Amidst the chaos of filling out visa and housing applications, I seek serenity in Frank Ocean's Channel Orange. I am particularly drawn towards Pink Matter, maybe because it speaks to me or just that one line that makes everything better. I'm not sure, but then again, I can never really put emotions for music into words well. 

At times I wonder whether we gravitate towards a certain song because of the lyrics, melody or anything in particular. Perhaps it's just the way it makes us feel, but what triggers does emotions? For me, it's probably the line What do you think my brain is made for? Is it just a container for the mind? that really caught my attention. 

If you are a rookie to the genius that is Frank Ocean, you should most definitely check out these tracks from Channel Orange: 
  1. Thinkin Bout You
  2. Sierra Leone
  3. Super Rich Kids
  4. Crack Rock
  5. Lost
  6. Monks
  7. Bad Religion
  8. Forrest Gump
Till then,
What if the sky and the stars are for show?

No comments: