Sunday, June 29, 2014

Cooler Lumpur & Bok Tjuv :: Don't Question Art






Thrifted top & skirt, Factorie backpack and Boots from Taipei. 





After the otherworldliness of KLFW, I retreated back to where I truly feel at peace and that is all things literary. Cooler Lumpur, a literary festival, was held over the weekend. Without missing a beat, the girls and I decided to hit it up. The first night we missed the book sale happening in White Box, so we stuck around the Dispensable Stories area. It was such an interesting concept as all you had to do was pop in 50 cents and you get a short story. Ours were more of one liners but it was interesting nonetheless. Think of it as a fortune cookie but in a literary sense.

We also made plants sing. Hard to believe, but we did.

On Sunday, we made our way to Bok Tjuv held in Free Space, SS2 Mall. The zines available there were emptying wallets worthy but we had self control and stuck to our guns. The zines we got were from the Good to Know series in which people in the creative field shared their tips and experiences on time management as well as rituals and whatnots. When I read about someone's experience in being productive, it motivates me and so I thought, why the hell not?

Day 2 of Cooler Lumpur: Amanda and I hit up White Box. She got some books, I didn't because my wallet was down to singles. Thanks to the movable library though, I got some rad books that I can't wait to devour. We also went for a discussion on Reimagining Malaysian Cinema. The best quote of the day was most definitely, "I can't even imagine Malaysian cinema and you're asking me to reimagine it." The discussion was funny, thrilling and mind stirring. Looking forward to more creative discussions in the States.

Till then,
Question art. Do it.

No comments: