Monday, December 22, 2014

Dear Tasha: Winter Break Day 3 Update



The last day of Fashion Merchandising class.


The night before finals started, in which we played Cards Against Humanity whilst drinking champagne. 


Jet's first In-N-Out meal! That milkshake though.


Walked around the Pier after dinner.


Early Christmas dinner. 


Me finishing this entire meal (plus taking extras) is pretty much an accomplishment. 


Spent the night at Paige's. When we went back to her parents' home, they weren't in so we had to go through the back door. Lock the front door but not the back? I don't get it but it worked out for us.


Me currently, minus the brownie & ice-cream. 


Yo, finals kicked my ass. Not in the I-hate-my-life-I-hate-cramming-till-6-in-the-morning way but in the damn-I-have-so-much-to-do way. I like finals week in art school more than Inti though, because instead of cramming 14 chapters in a week or two, I'm out in a cafe drawing in my sketchbook. At the cafe, two girls beside me were cramming for their science-related finals and I'm just chilling with my sketchbook. It was fantastic. Although when they get jobs and I don't, that would be the opposite. Me, pessimistic? About the future, yes. 

On Friday, Jet came to SF from San Jose. It was pouring the entire day and I just got back from my drawing finals, so I was exhausted. All we did was have In-N-Out by the pier and then walked around being all touristy. The sea lions fascinated us, in which we contemplated the chances of having a shark find a loop hole and actually entering the sea lion side of the pier as well as a lone sea lion that possibly may have been bullied. All of these theories were concocted by Nikki and I, Jet entertained us by not saying much. 

The next day, I lugged all I needed for a month down the hills of SF, which is incredibly tough because my suitcase kept rolling away from me, to the BART station. So far, my time out of SF consisted of visiting a hoarder (he has so many trucks and cars, it's crazy but super cool), an old woman who is incredibly talented in painting, celebrating Christmas early (presents included) and having Korean BBQ for lunch (today). Also, binge watching tv shows and movies on Netflix: Parks & Rec (done), Portlandia (halfway done - prepping), Donald Glover Weirdo (so good - you need to watch it) and so many more. 

I'm so happy to have so much time on my hands, you have no idea. It's so liberating. 

Till then,
Talk to you soon. 

No comments: