Monday, April 21, 2014

At The Bottom Of Everything





{First two pictures by Tasha}

A conversation I had with Marini made me wonder whether being different from everyone else can actually make one seem intimidating. Just because you like obscure music/books/movies and know about certain places, doesn't make you any less of a person. You're still like any other person on the street, in my opinion, you just know slightly more about some different genre of a topic. Others probably know more about another genre of a topic.

You: Hidden cafés, 60s' French movies, European translated books.

Others: The history of Europe, How to make dynamite, Recipes for Greek food.

Everyone has their own interests, that makes meeting new people fun and interesting because you learn something new by conversing with them. I love talking to people about things I know nothing about because then they'll be able to teach me about it. All's well and dandy. If everyone knew the same thing, that wouldn't be much fun.

A: Heard about that band from Munich?
B: Yeah, totally. They're rad.

Not fun at all. It's nice to relate when you have common interests, don't get me wrong, but diversity is nice too.

It's too late for further ramblings.

Till then,
Be yourself.

No comments: