Monday, December 2, 2013

Makeup: Quick Smokey Eye...(with a twist!)

How's everyone doing? I'm alright, I guess. Been busy busy busy with final exams' preparation (although I must say, I'm nowhere near done) (because tired) (because sleep) and the weather has been so gloomy - it's rained all day and my cat's miserable and so am I.

So I thought I could put up an easy eye look for those of you who has always wanted to try a smokey eye makeup look but quickly brushed the thought away because: a) it might seem tough to do (too much work!) or b) they make your eyes look even smaller.

The technique is to blend blend blend, so there aren't any harsh lines. And the trick I'd like to point out here is to add a glittery/shimmery coloured pencil liner in the water line. It'll not only help to bring out the colour of your eyes but also to widen them, making them look bigger.

Let's start, shall we?


  1.  Swipe a matte black eyeshadow all over your lid, stopping right at your crease with an eyeshadow brush. Also, line your lower lash line with the same black eyeshadow.


2. Take a fluffy eyeshadow brush and BLEND in the crease until you see no harsh lines. This may take awhile but I assure you this step is woorrrrttthhh it.


3. With a shimmery gold pencil liner, line your waterline. For you first-timers, it's going to feel ticklish but practice first. Sooner or later, you won't feel a thing. You could also use a white pencil liner or any colour that matches the eyeshadow that you'll applying on top of the pencil liner. We're nearly done...


4. The last step, promise! I applied a shimmery gold on top of the liner, gently pressing it on as so to avoid the pigment from entering the eyes. If you want it to be extra sparkly, add on some loose glitter (and I emphasize here: that are SAFE for the eyes). And feel free to smoke out the black to your liking.


And holla, we're done! Don't forget a nude lip, full brows, lots of mascara (or fake lashes, if you're feeling adventurous!) and contour in the cheekbones!



Talk to you soon,
M x

No comments: