Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Makeup: Coloured Eyeliner to Your Christmas Look

Well, hello there!

Christmas is today and here's a quick tutorial that can help you out on vamping your Christmas dinner makeup.

Ladies love their red lips but if you're going to be the ones who are planning to hog the dinner spreads, I'd suggest sticking to a nude lipstick to avoid smearing or if you're just too lazy to reapply.

And with a nude lip, you can always smoke it up with your eye makeup. Here I'll be showing a step-by-step for a cool Christmas eye look: a soft vintage gold eye with green liner on the lash line! And glitter. Never forget the glitter.

(I apologise for the scary bare skin. I like to do my eye makeup first before foundation just to avoid fallout. I only have my SPF50 moisturizer on, so expect open pores and shine.)

1. Create your usual smokey eye. As I can't really find my crease, I create one. Using an angled eyeliner brush, I trace above where my lids overlap and follow the shape. I used a dark brown eyeshadow for this.


2. This step isn't necessary if you have a gold eyeshadow already. Just sweep it on all over your lids up to the line you've created. However, I did use a gold pencil liner instead to prolong the stay-on power.

 

3. Blenddddddddd. You can use a black or the dark brown shadow to darken up your outer 'V' until you get a soft smokey look.


4. Here comes the green eyeliner. From the tearduct area, gently tug it along your lower lash line. Avoid your water line and leave it bare. Until you reach the end of your eye, flick the green liner out, about half a cm.


5. You're gonna want to make your eyes pop. Using a black liquid eyeliner, make a really thin line on your lids and slightly flick it out. Your black and green eyeliner will look like they mirror each other. Then, take a white pencil liner and fill your your waterline completely. Fill it in between those two black and green eyeliner.


6. (Ignore the redness in my eyes. They get irritated easily). The fun part comes now. GLITTAHHHH!! I used NYX's Crystal Liner in Crystal Hip which is a gorgeous clear liquid eyeliner with holographic glitter. I topped the green eyeliner off with it with a few coats.


After foundation, concealer and setting powder has been applied:


You can't really see it that clearly but in real life, I promise it looks really pretty! Another alternative would be if you don't have a glitter liner, you could always use a shimmer or glitter powder using a wet brush to apply it.

Don't forget mascara and brows though! And if you have fake lashes, go for it. I dare you.


Merry Christmas!
xo, M

No comments: