Thursday, November 14, 2013

Homespun DIY: Adventure Time pouches


Buongiorno, fellow inhabitants of The Land of Ooo!

Sorry I've been MIA (no, not really) (Although I'm pretty sure you guys missed me) (ha ha tasha you're so funny). Been cracking my head on what DIY I should do. Then I saw a DIY on YouTube; Adventure Time pillows. (Man, I love AT. I love how the characters are so in your face. And they have some really cool words of their own. Personally, Lumpy Space Princess is my spirit animal. She's too cool.) But I don't really want pillows, so I thought of making a pencil case but that clearly didn't work out. I hate working with zippers. So I thought why not make a pouch. A pouch is super useful especially for us girls. We have too much junk in our bag sometimes we just need to be organized. Maybe you can put  your house/car keys, earpods or even lipstick.

I decided to do a Marceline one cause she's one of the most underrated characters I know. Everyone knows Jake, Finn, PB, Lady Rainicorn and BMO. BUt what about Marceline? I think she's pretty cool.

Lets get started shall we? (Don't worry it's super easy)


Things you'll need:
  • Navy blue/black (2 pieces), baby blue/light grey & red felt
  • Scissors
  • Tacky glue
  • (Pencil)

**I accidentally deleted the picture of the first step in my phone. oops.**
** But here's a picture of the LSP one I did for my blog**

Step 1: Glue together the navy blue/black felt. Making sure to leave half a centimeter on the 3 sides cause you're gonna turn the felt inside out later on. Do not glue all four sides cause we wanna make an opening. (It is a pouch) (Duh). Leave to dry for 15 minutes.




Step 2: While waiting for the glue to dry, start drawing out the shapes. Just do what i did. A sort of head shape, 2 triangles and 2 small circles. Then place them together to your liking before gluing them together.


Step 3: The picture is pretty explanatory. Glue them together! Make sure your face/head shape is in the middle of your pouch. Oh yeah. After you've turned it inside out.



And voila! You're done. I made this pouch for Yi Peng. But you can check out the one I made for myself on my blog.


That's pretty much it. Super simple and easy right? Remember, have fun with it. Good luck!

Peace out homedawgs,
Tash.

No comments: