Thursday, July 25, 2013

Change Is Good

Every once in awhile, I'll have an overwhelming need for change. Be it by trimming my hair, redecorating my bedroom or simply changing my phone case. As of late, I've been fulfilling this need by dyeing my hair.

The first time I dyed my hair, I requested for a shade of blue. It turned green.



Over a course of 2 months, it faded to a shade of light brown. I have to admit that I did like it green because it was an unusual shade that you don't see everyday and as it gradually turned to brown, I was fine with it too because it wasn't your conventional tone of brown. But what made me decide, rather impulsively, to dye my hair again were the roots. Man, I hated how my black roots were so obvious because my hair was light brown. It looked so bad.



So the second time I decided on purple, a dream of mine ever since I saw Chloe Nørgaard's gorgeous hair with three tones that are blue, purple and pink.


{Source: Tumblr}

I was hoping it would fade to a dusty lilac like this:


{Source: Tumblr}

Alas, dye jobs are never predictable in my case. It rarely goes the way I want it to go. There was a brief period of time where it was sorta purple, but it quickly transitioned to a striking red.

The day after I dyed my hair:


{Credits to Mahesh}

A few days later:



Now that my roots are starting to show again, I'm contemplating giving purple another shot. Whether I'll go to a salon or do it myself, I'm still on the fence. I guess only time will tell. Who knows, one day I might wake up and decide to dye my entire head pink. (I had a pink streak once. Thanks Tasha!)


We'll see. Excuse me as I plot my next move for gaining hair like these lovely ladies:







 {Source: Tumblr}

Adieu.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All of these girls have pre-lightened hair, so to achieve similar results you have to lighten to a light blonde.